Dieses Dokument ist auch in Deutsch Sprache verfügbar
Welcome and thank you for trying the CallSights TAPI Driver. We hope that you enjoy using it and that it helps increase your productivity.
Downloading and installing the CallSights TAPI Driver
When signing up and ordering a CallSights subscription, you provide an email address. This email address will be used to send an Activation Key and download link. It will also be used, subsequently, to send invoices to. If you have not yet subscribed then please visit the Pricing page on the CallSights web site and start a trial. Be sure to select the correct telephone system and choose the TAPI Driver option when you subscribe. If you have any problems with obtaining a trial then Contact Us.
The email that you receive will contain a link to the download page. This page contains the version of the CallSights TAPI Driver that connects to your telephone system. Please download the latest released version to your PC and run the setup disks to install the CallSights TAPI Driver.
Note: you will need to be an administrator of your computer to do the installation. If you are not an administrator then please ask them to do it for you. The installation process typically takes less than a minute.
At the end of the installation process, you will be asked to press the "Close" button to complete the process. At this point, the TAPI Driver is installed but not configured.
Configuring the CallSights TAPI Driver for the first time
The Driver is installed, but not configured. Please now follow these steps:
- Go to the Windows Control Panel and choose the item "Phone and Modem". If you can't see it in the Control Panel, then you might prefer to press the Windows ("Start") button and type "Phone and Modem". This will take you directly to the correct place.
- If the Phone and Modem options have not been configured on your PC, then you will be prompted to enter your "Location" information, including Country and Area code. The other values should be left unchanged.
- After entering your Location information (if required) then you will be viewing the main Phone and Modem options window. Select the "Advanced" tab.
- On the Advanced page, use the "Add" button. In the popup list, select "CallSights TAPI Driver" and press "Add" again. You will need to be an administrator to do this, so you may be required to enter your password to continue.
- After adding the CallSights TAPI Driver, select it and press the Configure button. This make take up to a minute to load the next window. Please be patient.
- A Login window will then appear. Press the "Log in" button.
- You will now be required to enter your credentials. Depending on your account, the contents of this window may vary. Typically, you will be expected to enter your Email address, then Password.
- Next you may be required to complete a Two-factor Authentication step. Please follow the instructions in the window.
- You will then typically need to "Authorize" the TAPI Driver to allow it to access to your account and devices.
- Next, if this is the first time you have set up your user for TAPI, you will need to enter your Activation Code. You should have received this in the email mentioned above. When you subscribe for multiple users, you still share the Activation Code. It can be used as many times as the number of users on your subscription.
- Finally, on the "Driver Options" page, you are asked to select your device to use. Even if you only have one device associated with your account, you will need to select the correct device and press "Save".
Your TAPI Driver is now configured and is ready to use!
If there is a problem logging in, e.g. an invalid username or password, then you should be told the reason and asked to rectify the problem. If you don't know your username or password, then please speak to the person who looks after your cloud telephony environment and ask them to help you.
Using the CallSights TAPI Driver for the first time
Applications vary as to how they display and use TAPI drivers. Please refer to your application's guide for further information on usage. In your application, the "line" for the CallSights TAPI Driver will likely appear as the name of your telephone extension (ie your own name) or as your extension number.
Also please note that there may be an extended delay as the CallSights TAPI Driver loads for the first time. This is normal.